Have you noticed an increasing number of search results with a nice profile image and the individual’s name next to them?
A handy feature by Google, the Authorship lets you connect your profile to your content. As seen in the image, this allows Teachable founder Edward and his resources to immediately stand out.
Even when the post appears further down in the results, you are immediately drawn to it.
With an increasing number of teachers using search to find the specific teaching resources they require, we will be making a number of improvements to increase the visibility of our pages. However, the sooner you will take advantage of the Google Authorship, the sooner you will distinguish yourself and your content on the web.
If you’re not convinced, check out these relevant 10 Reasons Writers Should Claim Their Google Authorship Markup.
To set this up, you need to follow the simple steps:
- Create a Google+ profile.
- Make sure your full name matches the name on your Teachable account.
- Upload a great photo of yourself. Remember others will see it on the web.
- Let us know once you’ve done so and we’ll create a Teachable email to connect your accounts.
- Make sure you’re logged in to your Google+ account, go to Authorship page (as seen in the image below) and submit your Teachable email for verification.
That should do the trick. You will now be appearing in search results across the web and attracting more attention to your high quality lesson materials.
Any problems or questions? Drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.