Champion Teachers can win Olympic Gold!
Get your best teaching resources to the starting blocks – it’s time to go for gold in our Olympic resource competition!
Upload your best Olympic-themed teaching resources to enter the Teachable Olympics 2012! Win the Gold, Silver or Bronze Teachable Award and your resource will be featured on our website and in all marketing leading up to and during this year’s event for other teachers to buy and download.
Launched prior to the world’s prestigious sporting event in London this summer, the Teachable Olympics gives you the opportunity to share your best Olympic-themed teaching resources for use in the classroom, for any subject and level.
All you have to do to enter is upload your favourite Olympic-themed resources to Teachable before the closing date of 9th April 2012. The resource could be a tried and tested favourite that you love using every 4 years or something brand new made for the 2012 games. Either way, now is the time to send it to us and share it with other teachers – and earn not only a prestigious Teachable award but 50% off all income from the sales.
Teachable Managing Director Edward Upton said: “Teachers from around the world contribute to Teachable every day, so the Olympic champion would have to be world-beating in their originality, quality, accuracy and usability. The winning entry will be heavily promoted and the winning teacher should earn over £500 in royalties from the work.”
A winning 5-star resource could include a starter, differentiated worksheets and homework activities. Click here for existing examples of Olympic resources.
We will be following Teachable’s normal quality guidelines about originality, presentation and depth of content.
Terms and Conditions
- Completed entries need to uploaded to Teachable.net, including tagging by the age group, topic and curriculum they are relevant for by 7pm on 9th April 2012.
- All entries that meet our basic quality criteria may be sold on Teachable.net. The contributor will earn 50% of all proceeds from sale of the resource or can opt to donate any proceeds to a charity of their choice.
- Contributors can submit as many entries as they want without any prejudice about winning.
- Judging will take place around 10th – 12th April and the winner and runners-up will be notified by email on Friday 13th April 2012.
- We cannot give feedback on individual entries, apart from the usual editor feedback.
- The top 3 award winners, including winners in regional heats, will be expected to take part in some publicity (at Teachable’s expense) to promote their resources. This will ensure they reach the best possible audience.